Thread: Squad Battles

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue SoCCoastie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Squad Battles

Looking for a sort of consensus of what country is the best for 7.0 now.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

We have had succes with everything we tired. As long as we communicated and had a shared idea of a goal and how to achieve it, we won. We did all ground with 2 kugleblitz' and we did games with 2 to 4 jets with bombs and rockets and had succes. those two tactics work.

Tanks that work well are the Centurion 10, the Object 906. these two have stabilisers which gives them an advantage. Also the T-44-100 and the Panther II and Tiger 2 and Tiger 105 work well and the American T-29/34. A good ballance of tanks, not too many Heavies or too many Mediums. Again it came down to us sticking together and communicating and helping eachother.

The Jets we found to work are the R2Y2 and the F-84. they have an air spawn + an awesome payload. they are fast, and were able to scout for the ground while obtaining air supiriority if needed and bomb and disrupt the enemy team.

Personally, I feel that having a few jets was an advantage, the battle didn't feel so "boxed in" if you understand.
    Also, We have a "standardisation" of Vehicles. Meaning we have a rule of 1. no tanks beneath 6.7 and no Doomturtle, Tortois, Jagdtiger. and no prop planes, and 2. No Props or jets that don't start in the air. We have totaly dominated teams that brought IS-2 or T-44 or had a prop-plane or a jet that had to take off.

To answer your question, no one country seems to have a distinct advantage. The Germans have the best heavies and Best AA ( you're welcome Dutch) Britain had the Cent 10 and Vickers with the L7 gun and stabilizers, America Has the F-84, Japan has the R2Y2s and Russia has the Object and the T-44-100. a healthy mix seems to be the best choice. I have not played a single battle where the enemy has not at least been made up of 3 nations.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue SoCCoastie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks...I was working my British line, but maybe I should continue with my Germans.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Next week we are moving up to 8.0. So it's gonna be a whole new ballgame :)