I took an IQ test and the results were negative AOD Member AOD_Khurbyy's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Default what graphic settings are best?

im looking for what graphic settings you guys think is best for ground realistic battles. any help would be great thanks!

Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD_fred_brie's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Are you looking for advice on how to get the best graphics/fps performance or the best graphics settings to be better at the game?

Bot or not? AOD Member AOD_ChemputerScience's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

I mean, it depends on your PC specs in order to really give you a helpful answer.

There are many ways to get this information if you don't have it on the top of your head, I'll mention a few that are built into Windows just to make it easier. This article has several methods you can use to get a fairly detailed .txt file that contains the information, or else the output of a Powershell/CMD prompt. I'd recommend the options on page 3-5 of this article, that being mainly dxdiag. If you do go with either of those and want to upload the .txt file, go through and remove any sensitive information like your COMPUTER-NAME and your username (just Control + F your username and then delete/replace them with nothing/redacted). If you use msinfo32 or another (dxdiag does not include them, thankfully), you will probably want to remove any MAC addresses in there, just to be safe.

Personally, dxdiag is probably the one I would go with, and it only contains your computer name (just open the file with notepad or a text editor and change it to REDACTED), and it contains the relevant information...

That said, if you do know your specs, or can get it from said tools, that'd be easier. What is helpful would be the following, the examples are my own.
    • Operating System (E.g. Win 11):
    • Processor (E.g. AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 8C16T 4.3Ghz):
    • RAM (E.g. 16GB):
    • Graphics Card (E.g. NVidia GTX 1650 4GB):
    • Monitor Resolution and refresh rate (if you don't know refresh rate, don't worry about it) (E.g. Dual 1920x1200 60hz):

Jeez, this probably makes it sound more complicated than it is. It's not, I promise.
    Bragging about bad stats:

Rank
    Private
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Ah, dangit, I should've added my own dxdiag.txt (I tried, but it timed out before I could finish editing it.) Here's my own DxDiag.txt (I had to delete everything below SOUND DEVICES so it would fit with the forum's attachment system) but you can see both on this gist here. The one on top in the gist is the "full" version, the bottom one is the cut down version where I removed everything from where it lists "SOUND DEVICES" (use control F to find that) to the end of the file, since everything after that is basically irrelevant.

Sorry about that, I should've thought about that before hitting the post button. :facepalm:

I took an IQ test and the results were negative AOD Member AOD_Khurbyy's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

looking basically for what most people use and what could potentially be the best

Rank
    Private
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Well, people generally use the highest settings that their computer can handle with a good framerate. One person's "best" settings could be everything low because they have a very low power computer, or someone with an absolute beast of a computer might run everything on absolute maximum in 4k.

For instance, there are certain things that effect performance very heavily but only provide small benefits, which would be used by someone with a very powerful computer, while turning those settings down to get a slightly worse quality but better performance would be good for someone with a more average computer.

I could tell you what I use, but if your computer isn't similar to mine, then it really isn't helpful. So without specs, it's really hard to answer your question. I hope that helps. Sorry I can't be more helpful. :/

Can I have your Tots AOD Member AOD_Addicted2Trance's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I use ultra settings at 4k on my desktop, and the lowest settings at 1080p on my laptop. It's a night and day difference in terms of how beautiful the game can be. If you're talking gameplay though, I hear turning down shadows helps identifying stationary enemy tanks easier.

There was a time when ultra low settings revealed enemy position quite easily because of rendered objects/trees. But that was years ago and they patched it up.

In my personal experience, the difference between ultra 4k and minimum 1080p has nothing to do with the gameplay if you have at least 60fps. The game just looks a lot prettier. If I had electrical power I'd only play it at the highest settings possible.

Can I have your Tots XPraetorian's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I recommend looking at the relationship between your vidcard and monitor. It is a waste of resources to run at 150 fps when your monitor frequency is only 60 Hz. To reiterate, you can only get as much fps as your monitor will allow.